Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Monday, May 8, 2017

TWO WEEKS IN PHOTOS: 4.23 - 5.6.17



PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

It's been a hectic couple of weeks. 
Mr. GS and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary 💝....
I've been busy working on my fundraising gala,
which is happening on May 21 💰....
we've done some home repairs 🏠.... 
had some home despair 💨 (see May 2) ....
and went to a fabulous concert to celebrate my sister's birthday! 🎂
But, perhaps, the photo that best sums up the the last two weeks is this....





Wish I knew who to give credit to that photo,
but it couldn't be more true!

And now...the photos!


   
April 23
Tonight begins Holocaust Remembrance Day, or Yom Hashoah. Days before, my friend gave me a very special cookbook. Each recipe is accompanied by a story by a Holocaust survivor. I can't read the stories without getting all teary. 

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


April 24
Happy 23rd Anniversary to Mr. Goo Shoes and me! We celebrated at our favorite restaurant, Harvest On Hudson (which is where we had Junior Goo Shoes' bar mitzvah almost 5 years ago!). The restaurant has spectacular views of the Hudson River, however, it was a grey day. No matter...the food, the ambiance, and of course, the company...was stellar!  

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


April 25
I am reading a really fun book, by Kristy Woodsen Harvey. You may know her from the blog, Design Chic, which she writes with her mom. The book tells the story of three sisters and their mother.....and a secret which threatens to tear them apart. The book is released today, and you can buy it here (affil. link). It's a perfect give for Mother's Day, but make sure to get yourself a copy, too!




April 26
There's a good caption here, somewhere. I just can't think of one. Honorable mention next time to whoever comes up with one.

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


April 27
Walking through Herald Square, near Macy's, on my way to lunch with a friend.


PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


April 28
Waxing Crescent. If only I wouldn't have been so lazy, and gotten my tripod, this could have been a really great picture.

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes



April 29
It doesn't make for a pretty picture, but today was all about replacing the rickety deck stairs. 

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


April 30
Spring is busting out all over!

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


May 1
I've never gotten a weather alert of any kind in my car, so when a tornado warning popped up, it freaked me the freak out! Tornadoes are not a common occurrence around here. BTW, it didn't happen.......or did it? 

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


May 2
I heard a loud noise, but didn't know what it was, until a little while later, when I went outside and found this!  Very heavy winds lifted the umbrella out of its stand, and it crashed onto the table. Glad no one was outside at the time. Maybe there was a tornado after all!
 
PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


May 3
Mr. Goo Shoes and I driving into NYC on a surprisingly quiet morning on the West Side Highway.

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


May 4
One finch, two finch, gold finch, green finch. 

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


May 5
Who is that in my wine glass?

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


May 6
Barbara Streisand in concert at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn! Yup, we were in the nosebleed seats! It was amazing to see this living legend......and.......Hillary and Bill Clinton were in the audience!

PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes


...and a bonus from the bat-mitzvah we went to two weeks ago - a fabulous party!


PHOTO DIARY 4.23.17 -5.6.17 | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Till next time,
 

12 comments:

  1. Amy loved your post today and all the wonderful pictures. So fun to see your life the last few months captured in these pics. Sorry about your umbrella and table. Yikes I bet that was scary. We had bad winds here in Chicago too that actually moved my heavy grill and furniture across the patio! Have a great new week ahead.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you make me feel guilty for not taking pictures of digging for treasure in the sandbox, and protecting the play set, the SSMah-Harty from invading pirates and WHALES on Sunday. It was so cold, I think we were sailing in the arctic. Lesson is too keep your camera present, even when your mind isn't, LOL. Wonderful capsule of time captured here. Thanks for sharing...love the neon confetti on the floor, it says it all. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, aside from the whole umbrella thing, you appear to have had a wonderful two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great pictures, Amy. That is really kind of scary about the table shattering like that~ I have that book on my "to read" list. I have two or three ahead of it and not enough hours in the day to get in a long stretch of reading.

    I saw Streisand years and years ago when she was quite young. I am sure she is as amazing today as she was back then,

    Hope you have a great rest of the week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, I love the new pictures in your header. I love these kinds of posts and your pictures are always so fabulous. Happy Anniversary! Spring is finally bursting out here too but heavy rains almost crushed all my tulips and lilacs. The picture of the weather change is true for Upstate NY too! We got that tornado warning too but it never happened here...thank goodness!! Love the one finch, two finch.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moly Amy!! I can't believe that happened to your table! Maybe it was a tornado after all?!

    It's been a few years since I was at Harvest, but it's a great spot. Too bad it was dreary but the food looks delish!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Someone's Knocking at my Door" - Paul McCartney and Wings??? Great two weeks (except for the May 2 incident). The Recipes Remembered book sound so very special. Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. Gooshoes (or that shy guy in your wine glass). Hugs ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that picture of what to wear in NJ sums up perfectly our Brittany weather these days... It was freezing two days ago, I was mowing sweating in a T-shirt today and we're expecting storms for tomorrow... I have all kind of different shoes at the ready and choose them right before going to work depending if the weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore your pictures. I feel like I'm there. I'm so glad that spring has arrived! Beautiful flowers and birds and all. So sorry about your table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Tornado warnings are scary; we had one a few years ago on the way home from my son's soccer practice and I can remember him asking if we could head to the airport... so we could fly to Florida and miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Amy, yes the weather has been so crazy lately and I'm wondering when spring weather will arrive as I'm still wearing sweaters and sweatshirts inside the house to stay warm. The heat came on this morning! LOL. That is too bad about your table cracking. I love those pretty birds and lunching in the city is always fun. We will have to get together again sometime. I hope you had a nice Mother's Day. Take care and enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated Happy Anniversary Wishes.

    Goodness that photograph of your table ... quite scary!
    May the rest of May be good for you, every success.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.