Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I want to go everywhere I haven't been, and back to everywhere I have been.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Pretty Container Gardens...Easy as 1-2-3!

Pretty Container Gardens...Easy as 1-2-3! | Ms. Toody Goo Shoes

I don't mean to get personal here, but...
what would I see if I came to your house...

A) Elaborate container gardens perfectly placed around your property?
B) A few basic flower pots scattered about?
 C) A dead plant on the front porch?
D) Not a flower pot in sight?  

Just askin'...no judgments here.
But maybe, just maybe, if you answered B, C or D...
I can convince you to give a container garden a try. 
It's as easy as 1-2-3. 

I find that I get more bang for the buck 
by having a few large container gardens on the back deck,
instead of lots of little individual flower pots.
You don't have to use a huge pot --
even a smaller one can be made into a beautiful container garden,
packed with lots of flower power. 
Over the last few years, I've perfected my method by following 
a simple, fool-proof, three-step formula. 
If you want to see what it is, click right here,
and I will take you over to A Little Claireification,
where I show the basics of making lush, eye-catching container gardens. 

As always, I'd love it if you'd leave me comment at Claire's,
just so I know you were there.
Thanks!


14 comments:

  1. I haven't put any pots out this year because we are going to be gone for a bit. I am waiting until I get back and will be here to water them. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a great method there, Amy! Went over and read it and love the one with those beautiful dark purples and greens. We have gone to so much container gardening ourselves, easier for us to take care of and the chickens don't get up and bother them like they do plants in the ground. I love the look of things you use to trail and that yours are so lush and full. My husband's pretty good at potting but he goes on the thought that they'll fill in. Yes, by August, but I want lushness now!

    Happy deck living time, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter whether our garden is large or small in containers, tubs, boxes. They are so lovely to look at.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter whether our garden is large or small in containers, tubs, boxes. They are so lovely to look at.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time in a while I have fairly decent containers. The tricky thing is you have to make sure you're not gone for too long or they will dry up, and we're not planning any long trips this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.
    amazon coupon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I left a comment on that other blog but not sure if it went through. i enjoyed seeing how you made pretty arrangements in pots. I will definitely use those tips if I ever make my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly! I did check spam, etc. and don't see a comment but so glad you stopped over!

      Delete
  8. Amy, this is a great tutorial on how to create a container arrangement! I love your flower/foliage combinations and the metal topiaries (especially the round one with the faux ivy garland).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Amy,

    Just wrote the following comment on your amazing post, over at Claire's, but not sure if it will be published, so here it is, on your lovely blog, too, just in case!

    Beautiful containers, Amy, filled with pretty petals, all planted according to your savvy and sage advice! Thanks for sharing and wishing you a wonderful, warm and sunny week!

    Poppy
    P.S.: Hope you get this!:))

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have a very nice layout for your blog� i want it to use on my site too ��� her response

    ReplyDelete

PRIVACY POLICY: I will never share your email information with others. I use your email to respond to your comments on my blog, or to interact socially with you.